PN / THE ART OF BEING
The art of beingFuntime Records
ORDERS BY PAYPAL / PEDIDOS CON TARJETA DE CREDITO / PAYPAL
You just need a credit card or a paypal account. ATTENTION! If you don´t have a paypal account, YOU DON´T HAVE TO REGISTER ANYWHERE. Just with your credit card you can but the record without any difficult process.
If you wanna buy this item to pay it throught Paypal or Credit Card, just add it to your shopping cart:
INFORMATION / INFORMACIÓN
Since PN started out playing in the autumn of 1991, a lot has happened. They always followed the drift of inspiration, without paying attention to trends and hypes. Inspired by hardcore –their passion and dedication- and music in general, they tried to create a sound of their own. A sound that is open towards all influences. And a sound that has something to say, be it on a personal or more wider scale.
After the release of some demo-tapes, PN records the debut cd ‘Romance’ in december 1996, which was released by Midas Productions. This debut cd gets a warm welcome and the band is playing a lot of concerts. At the end of may 1998, PN finishes recording the second album ‘Daybreak Serenity’. The bandmembers themselves describe it as an intense mix of newskool hardcore and passionate, emotionally driven vocals and lyrics. After the release of this record, PN starts touring Spain, France and the UK. In the fall of 1998 and the year 1999, the band concentrates on playing concerts and shared stages with bands as diverse as for example Stampin’ Ground, Good Riddance, No Fun At All, Boy Sets Fire, Damnation AD, Ten Foot Pole, 59TTP and lots of others …
Inbetween, the band is found in the studio to record some new songs for the ‘Just give us some words’ split cd (with Reply, Exit 19 and Circle) on funtime records. A split by four bands that want to make a difference by playing straight music, coming from the heart and not allowing and standards or unspoken rules.
Besides playing gigs, the band is concentrating on writing new songs. Songs that reflect the feelings of four people…songs that show a definite passion for music…songs that deal with personal and more global frustrations…songs that don’t want to judge people for what they dp, but make them reflect about certain topics.
The outcome of all this, is the album ‘our pitiful paradise’. An album that shows PN like you’ve never heard them before. More intense, ultra heavy yet melodic, moodswinging and melancholic.
Just before the release of ‘opp’, alltime member Bram Germonprez decides to leave the band. Jimmy Vanrietvelde, who went out with PN on a regular base, replaces Bram on the bass. He plays his first gig with pn in july of 2000. In august of 2000, PN was invited to perform at Belgium’s biggest alternative festival Pukkelpop. The band received a warm welcom from thousands of enthousiast hardcore fans, resulting in a moving pit and a great response. Enter may 2001, PN is found in Dé Studio again to record a bunch of songs for the ‘Dreamwave heroes’ cdepn released by Stick To The Core/Funtime. Three of those new songs are licensed to the Spanish Underhill Records label ad used on a split cd with the Portuguese band Twenty Inch Burial. This split is released in Spain and Portugal in september of 2001. The summer of 2001 is filled with playing festivals like Ieper Fest, Rock Herk, M-Town Festival and some others. In november of that year, PN does a small tour in the Netherlands with their friends/labelmates from Cornflames. In the meantime , new songs are written and this results in the recording of ‘the art of being ‘we’’ in october of 2002 at Dé Studio. This new PN album is released in dec 2002/january 2003 and is another new step in the evolution of this band. The newest record makes a big impression on the people of the American Life Sentence Records, who decide to release it in the US.
At this very moment, PN is playing shows, planning some tours and working on a new album, that will be recorded somewhere in the near future.
001. Life is killing expectations
002. The fingerless glove
003. Where naivety meets reality, stars are born
004. Blame me you them us
005. Breaking the thumb
006. Last salute to a first commitment
LISTEN TO THE BAND / ESCUCHA SU MÚSICA
OUR STORE / NUESTRA TIENDA
* Minimum order is 10 euros. If your order doesn´t come to this minimum, we have to charge 5 euros.
* If you live in Spain, there´s a big offer: we doesn´t charge any shipment cost. We can´t do it if you live in another country, we´re sorry.
* If you live in Europe / Rest of the world, please use the buttons correctly. The first button is for europeans (2 euros for CD, 5 euros for vinyl/tshirt/pack), the second one is for people in the rest of the world (5 euros for CD, 10 euros for vinyl/tshirt/pack). Spanish Postal Service is extremely expensive, sorry.
* To know more about shipment costs, please click here.
* The only way to make a payment is Paypal / Credit Card. Easy and fast. More than 98% of our customers use this method. More than 2000 people bought anytime in Aloud, we never had a problem. Feel sure buying in our store.
* If you have any question, please write an email to pedidos @ aloudmusic . com or reed our FAQ.